Sunday, April 27, 2008

Work in Progress and Good News!



Currently I'm working on a new piece in my art quilt series: Portals. The components are on my design wall where I have arranged them and rearranged them and now I'm ready to finish the quilt!


Good News! "Fertily Cloth II" has been juried into the "Bluegrass Biennial" exhibit at Morehead State University in Morehead, Ky. The exhibit is opened to Kenticky artists and will be on exhibit June 7, 2008 to August 1, 2008 at the Claypool-Young Art Gallery. The opening reception will be Saturday, June 7, 2008 from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. "Fertily Cloth II", 45" x 96", dyed, block and screen printed silk and cotton blend fabric.

Detail of "Fertility Cloth II".



Detail of "Fertility Cloth II".
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karoda said...

Hi Cathy, and congratulations...I'm in Louisville and just wanted to say hello to another KY artist.

Margarita Korioth said...

Cathy your complex cloth is beautiful;I like very much the play of the colors together. I'm glad I found your blog, would put it in my list.

regards from florida - Marga

htpp:/margascrafts.blogspot.com

Thelma said...

Congratulations! I love the colors.