Sunday, March 9, 2008

"Elements: Water" - Art Cloth in Progress

The latest series of Art Cloths that I'm working on is "Elements". These pictures are details of "Elements: Water". The finished piece is 45"x96". The fabric is silk twill which has been scrunched and dyed three times with Procion MX dyes - Royal blue, Mixing Blue, and Tourquoise. The background color in these pictures is not as deep as the actual fabric. When I photograph the finished piece, I hope Ill have a more acurate picture of the colors. These were photographed with fabric layed out on my print table as the work was in progress. The fist detail shows layer 12. All the images have been sceen printed with fabric paints.


This detail shows layer 14 - the addition of three spiral forms.


Detail of layer 16.



The final detail is layer 21. Block printed shell forms and sceened small spirals have been added.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful fabric, I look forward to seeing the finished piece

Elizabeth in NM said...

I love all of the layering, and variations of spirals. Nicely done!